One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice is a stove top dinner recipe loaded with ground beef, rice, salsa, corn and cheese.
One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice is an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
This cheesy ground beef and rice is given a little kick of spice from some taco seasoning and medium salsa.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This hearty dinner recipe serves four people and can be made in only thirty minutes from start to finish.
To make this ground beef and rice skillet, I started by cooking some ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it was cooking.
I continued cooking the ground beef and onions and made sure to crumble the ground beef well.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the grease from the pan.
Then I added some chicken broth to the pan.
I also added some minute rice to the pan.
Then I gently stirred until all of the rice was submerged in the liquid.
I left the dish to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice absorbed all of the liquid.
Then I added some salsa, chili sauce, canned corn, canned chopped green chilies and taco seasoning to the pan.
I stirred all of the ingredients together really well and reduced the heat to medium-low.
I left the dish to simmer for a few more minutes.
Then I removed the pan from the heat and added some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
I stirred the cheese into the ground beef mixture.
Then I sprinkled some more shredded cheese on top and did not stir it in.
I also sprinkled some dried chives on top of the cheese.
I waited a few minutes for the cheese to melt on top of the dish and then it was ready to serve.
This delicious ground beef and rice skillet is loaded with melted cheese and has a little bit of a spicy kick.
If you are looking for a simple and tasty ground beef recipe, then you need to try this One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice!
PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make This One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 8.75 oz canned corn, not drained
- 4 oz canned chopped green chilies, not drained
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Place a large saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat and add a dab of butter or margarine to the pan.
- Cook the ground beef in the saute pan.
- Add diced onions to the pan while the ground beef is cooking.
- Continue cooking the ground beef and onions, being sure to crumble the ground beef well.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- With the pan still over medium-high heat, add the chicken broth and to the pan.
- Add the instant rice to the pan.
- Stir gently until all of the rice is submerged in the liquid.
- Leave the dish to simmer, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Add the salsa, chili sauce, canned corn, chopped green chilies and taco seasoning to the pan.
- Do not drain the canned corn and canned green chilies before adding them to the pan.
- Stir well.
- Leave the dish to simmer for a few minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add two cups of the shredded cheese to the pan.
- Stir until the cheese is fully combined with the ground beef and rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded cheese on top but this time do not stir it in.
- Sprinkle the dried chives on top of the cheese.
- Leave the dish to sit for a few minutes to allow the cheese on top to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
How should I store my Mexican ground beef and rice?