Instant Pot Beef and Rice is an easy pressure cooker recipe that allows you to make a complete meal in one Pot. It is made using a gluten free soy sauce so it is an acceptable meal for the gluten intolerant as well.
This Beef and Rice recipe can be served with rice as the side dish. This option yields 4 servings.
Instant Pot Beef and Rice can be stretched a little further if you shred, or cut up the steak and stir it into the rice mixture before serving. This option can be stretched to 6 servings.
The choice is yours and either option provides a delicious and easy meal for your family!
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To begin making Instant Pot Beef and Rice I poured some olive oil into the Pot and turned it to Sauté Less for 5 minutes. I dumped in some cut up yellow onion.
Once the Instant Pot turned off I poured in some chicken broth to deglaze the pot. This step, where you scrape any bits from the bottom of your Pot is very important for avoiding the Burn message later when the Pot is coming to pressure.
Next I stirred in some gluten free soy sauce.
Then I sprinkled in some whole grain brown rice. I did not stir but gently pushed the rice down into the liquid.
I put my egg holder into the Pot to act as my trivet and set 4 eye of round steaks on top that I had seasoned with Montreal Steak Spice.
Then I placed the lid on the Instant Pot, turned the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 15 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot was done cooking, I allowed it to do a Natural Release for 10 minutes before turning the steam release handle to the venting position.
After all the pressure was released I removed the lid.
I removed the meat and trivet. I covered the meat with tinfoil to keep it warm while I finished the rice mixture.
Then I added in some frozen mixed vegetables and stirred them into the rice.
I returned the lid to the Pot and kept it on the Keep Warm Function for another 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes I gave it another quick stir before serving.
Instant Pot Beef and Rice is an easy pressure cooker recipe that is full of flavour. It is a one Pot meal your whole family will enjoy!
One option is to serve up the steak with the rice and vegetables as a side dish…
You also have the option of shredding or breaking apart the beef while the vegetables are heating in the rice.
After the 5 minutes on Keep Warm you could then dump in the cut up pieces of beef and give a quick stir.
This versatile recipe makes for a great one Pot meal and either option will satisfy any hungry appetites!
More Recipes Cooked With Rice You Will Love…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion cut up
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice
- 4 eye of round steaks (just over 1 lb total)
- 1 tbsp gluten free Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to the Saute Less function for 5 minutes.
- Dump in the cut up yellow onion. Stir occasionally.
- Rub the steak spice on the eye of round steaks.
- Once Pot shuts off add in the chicken broth and deglaze the Pot, scraping any bits of onion from the bottom.
- Stir in the soy sauce.
- Sprinkle in the whole grain brown rice. Do not stir. Gently push the rice down into the liquid.
- Place egg holder or trivet into Pot and set meat on top.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 15 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, allow it to do a Natural Release for 10 minutes before turning the steam release handle to the venting position.
- Once pressure is released remove the lid.
- Lift out the trivet and the meat. Cover meat with tinfoil unless you will be shredding to add directly to rice mixture.
- Dump the frozen vegetables into the Instant Pot. Continue on Keep Warm for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Option One: After 5 minutes stir and serve the rice with the eye of round steaks.
- Option Two: After 5 minutes stir in the shredded or cut up beef and give a quick stir before serving.
*This recipe was tested in an 8 quart Instant Pot Duo.